PC App GPIO Control

PC App GPIO Control

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Having just received my second SplashBase and SolderBridges it has reignited my interest in these boards and rembered I had never actually tried my original 32 GPIO SolderBridge so decided it was time I did.

I was able to control this with no problem using Putty to turn LED's on and off so thought I would give the PC App a go.

I am able to control the direction and port/pins using the PC App GPIO Control but I am not sure what the Init Direction and Init Port/Pins features are for.

Also is there any plans to add control of the 32 GPIO SolderBridge to the Android app?
Dave

Re: PC App GPIO Control

Postby Carl-SolderSplash » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Sorry Dave missed your message ...

The init function is to set the state you would like on boot. if you want them to be an input or an output high or low etc..

They could be added to the android app, with so many available inputs and outputs the challenge is knowing how to design the interface though.

Actual UDP messages are pretty easy, perhaps the next bit is to publish the protocol and an example android app.
Carl-SolderSplash
Site Admin

Re: PC App GPIO Control

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:03 am

Thanks Carl, I'll give that a try at the weekend.

I see what you mean about the inclusion of GPIO's to the android app and having thought about this I think it might not be needed when Logic mode is available.
Dave

Return to 32 GPIO SolderBridge