Smart Config CC3000 problems

A 40 Pin Dip packaged development board enabling you to create internet connected products

Smart Config CC3000 problems

Postby micronpn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:43 am

Hi,
I am testing DipCortexWiFi but I am not able to link it to my local WiFi network.
Surely it is a stupid problem but I am not able to do it.
This are my network parameters (fake password but nothing change):
SSID: MICRON
pwd: 043d8765
gateway: 192.168.2.1
security: WPA2-Personal (as set on Windows 7 PCs of my network).
The ADSL router has a WPS key that I put in the Key field of Smart Config: 4455667788

Then in the DipCortex I selected Connection Control Menu and then Start SmartConfig and I pressed the Start button of SmartConfig (I used both the PC java applet and the Android version but nothing changed). At this point I pressed Start button of the SmartConfig tool, it changed to Working... but it still stayed in Working... and the DipCortexWiFi didn't link the network. No error messages.

Every help will be appreciated, thanks.
micronpn

Re: Smart Config CC3000 problems

Postby Carl-SolderSplash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi,

Leave the "Key" field in the smartconfig app blank, that's the encryption key for the smartconfig packet, the demo's dont encrypt the key. be aware this means you are transmitting your key so if your very security sensitive you may want to implement smartconfig encryption.

Once the smartconfig packet has been received the mbed example code continues while the module is connecting in the background, keeping hit return for a few seconds and you should see the link come up.

Carl.
Carl-SolderSplash
Site Admin

Re: Smart Config CC3000 problems

Postby micronpn » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:51 am

Hi Carl,
I follow your suggestion but nothing changed. Do you think may be a good idea to modify a little bit the source code of the example application to send encrypted password? Because my network expect the password encrypted with the WPS key? Or could be better to disable the password encryption at router side?
Kind regards,
micronpn

Return to WiFi DipCortex