0-10V control card

Got a problem you need to solve? Ask us here and we will see if there's a way to do it with our kit

0-10V control card

Postby thexman » Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi guys looked at your proto type 0-10v control card can ou give more details on loading per channel IE how much current in mA per channel I can draw from the board thanks. might get one if the answers are good enough also how are you powering the board I see a 12V DC solder pads on the proto type or are you powering it from the 5v USB power. wondering. :ugeek:

thanks in response to a reply

Dave

DarC controls.
thexman

Re: 0-10V control card

Postby Carl-SolderSplash » Thu May 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi There,

Thanks for posting! welcome to the forum.

The board is 12v powered, that gives our op-amps the head room they need to create the 0-10v signal. 12v input is via DC jack or you can solder directly to a pad on the stacking header if you like.
USB is for firmware updates currently, in the future it can be used for direct control of the 0-10v outputs or configure it. I have 2 firmware examples going up onto our github in a bit, one ramps an output up/down if the associated input is held or switches it on/off if the input is tapped.
The other uses 3 inputs to select 3 different voltages on an output, ramping between the steps.

The current you can draw per output is very low, 10mA or less, this board is designed as a controller for light dimmers which don't load the output. So it is not a variable voltage power source/supply.

We have just sold our last prototype, so were looking at ordering a small number of PCBs soon. Please let us know if it's of interest to you.

Carl.
Carl-SolderSplash
Site Admin

Return to How Do I?